Just a quick post to mention that Lawn weeds in turf are now in full swing. I just sprayed mine yesterday and they are already curling today.
For a full article about treating and identifying lawn weeds, please visit :
A couple quick tips:
1. Use the right product for the right kinds of weeds
2. Read the label and use only as much as required. More is not better and in many cases can be worse to your turf and less effective.
3. Granular weed controls are more effective when the grass is wet so that the weed control can stick to the weed.
4. If spraying , try not to spray when It is Very hot or when rain is in the forecast. You want the weed control to stick to the weed for as long as possible.
5. Do not mow or chop down weeds first, then spray. Work the other way around. Spray when weeds are full, then wait a few days to mow or weed wack. You need some leaf tissue for the weed control to stick to.
6: For weed ID help, visit Weedalert.com
Good luck with your weeds!